Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I Am Not a Pig

One of the things I love about Amber is that I can just be myself. I don't have to think to much before I talk so in private conversations I can just say what I think and I know she understands where I'm coming from.

The down side to this arrangement is context. In today's blog Amber talks about mammeries. Although I do hold claim to the quote, the context is lost in the situation.

Along those lines, today's blog did spark a few thoughts that I've been working through for some time...

The greatest thing that ever happened to my wife is her becoming a mother. It was also the worst thing that ever happened. To see her working with our children on a daily basis is a WONDERFUL thing to watch. Amber is an amazing mother!

On the other side of the coin you clearly lose something in your wife when children come into the picture. The one thing that Amber lost was a personal view of herself. Before children Amber saw herself with curves that she could use. Hot and sexy. Now Amber sees those same curves as "mammeries." In other words functional lumps that she has given up to unappreciative little people that are to be covered by cold cabbage in order to gain relief from the swollen pains of engourgement.

Never did I think I would see the day that a conversation of engourged breasts could be uncomfortable to me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Aren't you the same man who, after taking one look at my new cabbage-leaved mammaries, commented that you had an overwhelming craving for coleslaw?...

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Amber!

We love the Jaime comments, keep saying whatever it is you say, and let her skew it, we love it. I imagine most of us even think she's pretty lucky. (Amber I really mean he's lucky.) Whatever, you both are lucky, we enjoy the adventures of your family!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! HILARIOUS AND CUTE!!!! JAMIE AND AMBER, YOUZ THE BOMB!!!

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home