Wednesday, July 26, 2006

In a Guy's Defense

When my good wife decided to start blogging (crazybloggincanuck.com) a little over a year ago I was all for it. Amber is an excellent writer but had given up the professional side of prose for marriage and family. Blogging has become an excellent outlet for her and she has had a great time doing it.

In the beginning, other than some lost time, the blog had little impact. I was very proud of Amber when she was honored with the Best of MSN award for her blog. I've supported her at times with HTML work on her site, editing her copy, and giving her layout ideas. At times it has been fun for me.

THEN her blog got popular! I don't have any issues with the popularity of her blog so much as being one of the stars in it's cast of clowns. At times some of the blogs are not necessarily flattering and at other times I'm not sure the post is actually true. There has been more than one time that I've pointed out to Amber that her facts are a little skewed. She usually replies that I remembered wrong or that I actually said what was posted, but I believe there might be some liberties taken with her writing.

In response to this I have decided to start my own blog. Every story has two sides and this is my opportunity to defend myself. In this blog on occasion I reply to the comments on Amber's blog about me being an F**** A**hole. I also intent to entertain with a little bit of the other side of the Johnson "Crazy Canuck" household. Please feel free to leave me questions. Work, home, and church have me very busy these days but I will be happy to reply to every comment I receive.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I stand 100% by my blog's content. The truth shall set ME free.

3:47 AM  
Blogger Jodi Jean said...

okay i'm just gonna laugh all day long if the comments are amber and her "hunky hubby" back and forth.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Found you through (guess who?) Amber's site!

Congrats on starting your own blog. I've been reading Amber for only a couple weeks but love her blog.

Oh, and congrats on your new arrival also :)

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

belated congrats to both of you on the new baby!

I used to link Ambert but now I'm linking you to my site, oh Canuck hubby, because I like the 2 sides to the story angle, eh?! and readers wil now get both.

(Even though you don't know how to spell honour and Amber has probably given up on trying to Canadianize you)!

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The serf has suspected we were only getting a skewed version of the truth. It's good to see the rest of the story will be presented.
Let the serf encourage you to aspire to be a leader in your blog. Do not allow yourself to be drawn into just responding to Amber's wild tales; that is giving her the initiative. In the game of chess, we often say the best defense is a good offense. Be the Leader and create your own wild tales (all 100 percent true of course) to keep her at bay and on the defensive.
Welcome to Blogland! serf ‘rett

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home