Friday, July 28, 2006

WANTED: Mommy that Sleeps

I have to admit it. Hadley was a beautiful baby and is a beautiful toddler. At first I thought I was just a prejudice father so I kept my thoughts to myself, but with time the truth reveled itself. To this day strangers walk up to Hadley to comment on what a beautiful child she is and how they could just "eat her up." Amber and I were not sure what kind of a child we could make before Hadley was born and secretly I hoped she would be a cute child. The alternative could have been pretty bad. After all Amber and I couldn't look more different looking and I couldn't imagine the child we could produce.

The down side to beautiful is that the Hurricane didn't sleep for the first 18 months of her life. It took 6 months for Hadley to just once sleep 5 hours at night.

The second time around I didn't ask for a beautiful child. I decided the second child could be ugly as long as he slept through the night. People running in horror from my child is fine with me as long as daddy got his sleep.

The verdict still isn't in but Bode seems to have a cute side to him, but more importantly he sleeps long blocks of hours at night. Since the very first night he has slept a 5 hour block from 10:00 to 3:00. He must be a daddies boy!

The other side of the coin is a mommy who sleeps through the night. Amber has never been a good sleeper. Even when she does sleep she claims she didn't. I don't know where she got her sleep attitude but I know Hadley inherited it from her.

Being a new mommy is not easy by any means. Women go through the craziest things and giving birth and everything that happens thereafter is madness and almost unfair. The part that I can't understand about Amber is why after night after night of getting minimal sleep she doesn't sleep when she gets the chance. Bode is a sleeping gift from God but Amber seems to only get about 4 hours of sleep a night. Even now that most all of the discomfort from the birth is gone she still doesn't get more than 4 hours of sleep. It's a mystery to me.

Before I got married I use to pray for a beautiful wife. Someone that strangers would walk up to and tell me how beautiful she is. Now I'm just looking for one that sleeps through the night.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You and me both.....

:-)

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie....the Borowski's do NOT sleep. I am convinced that they all have this horrible defective gene that they inherited from Stan. Jade paces the house all night long. He gets up more than the kids. I suspect that the reason Jaxson gets up is that he hears Jade up using the bathroom, blowing his nose, and eating in the kitchen. Again, one of the many "blessings" of joining this family.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

It's okay if people run screaming from her, as long as she's a good sleeper?
You should slip some tylenol pm into her casserole---it'll knock 'em both out. Then you can have beautiful sleepers.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Kellyology said...

It's amazing how much prettier people get the more sleep they let ME have!

Don't worry, Amber will find sleep again, as soon as she figures out a way to keep the brain from racing with the constant juggling of two little children. Of course, I haven't figured it out yet, 4 1/2 years later. I use Benedryl.;)

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if you kept her blood sugar lower she would sleep more??

7:55 AM  
Anonymous gay bestality stories said...

Maybe he should call in. COLLINS Excuse me.
male masturbation stories
sex stories post incest
gay love stories
momson taboo stories
nifty nifty erotic stories archives
Maybe he should call in. COLLINS Excuse me.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home