Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Take the Stairs!

In Amber's blog she talks about the skinny people. I'd like to talk about the other half. An article in the Denver Post today (http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_4256156) talks about the sad state of America's waisteline. I'm proud of my honey because on her own she has been working hard to burn off the pregnancy pounds. I'm also proud of her because she has been telling the "fat" people off.

The other day she was downtown at the TJ Maxx store. She had the stroller and the store is on the second floor so taking the escalator wasn't an option. She went over to the elevator and pushed the up button and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally the doors opened and this mass of women got off the elevator. She took the elevator up and when the doors opened there was a long line of people waiting to get on. She inquired what was going on and was told that the escalator wasn't running so everyone was in line to take the elevator down one floor. Now when I say the escalator wasn't running I don't mean it was closed down completley, I just mean the stairs weren't moving so someone would have to move their legs to go down the stairs. Amber was outraged by these people's lazyness and in her typcial loud voice started asking the group what was wrong with them! I'm sure they didn't appreciate it but I'm glad Amber spoke her mind.

"Help Me" fund update: $235.12 until Amber goes on a cruise.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, I WISH I was there to see Amber in all her glory. I wonder what the people thought of themselves when they realized that their laziness was exposed!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Jodi Jean said...

i'm surprised by peoples laziness everyday. i work in an office building and whenever i have to go upstairs i walk (three stories), one floor. what a joke, good for amber.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home